Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Simplifying our Budgets

Well, I missed this yesterday, but I'm catching up now!

First of all, Heart of a Mommy is giving away a wonderful basket of goodies. Go to her blog to see the picture. I have read the book and highly recommend it. But you might need a paradigm shift in thinking to understand it. Go for it!

Now. Her subject for yesterday was Simplifying our Budgets and Gift Lists. She makes a good point! Here's what I'm doing this year. I look around and see that I have stacks of fabric, yarn, and craft supplies. Now how can I in good conscience go out and spend even ONE dollar on a gift for someone when I have so many resources sitting here at home?

So what I am going to do is stop hoarding all these goodies! Friends and family alike will receive washcloths lovingly knitted, soaps and salves lovingly made (by my sister), etc. Perhaps I will whip up some hot pads for the kitchen, or fabric bags that can be used in myriad ways. In fact, I could make a bag and fill it with goodies! Yeah, there's a good idea!

Oh, and I also have plenty of Epsom salts and essential oils, so I could make some bath salts for fillers. Yep, plenty of resources right here in my house.

No comments: