Click on the picture above to go to the Heart of a Mommy blog. She wrote my first paragraph for me. I, too, hate shopping. Unless it's at a sewing, craft, or book store. Me too, Mommy! Same sentiment for the dollar store, as well.Coincidentally, we went shopping today, so I have something to say about this subject. I hate shopping. Hee hee! Actually, it wasn't too bad. Hubby was with me, the kids are visiting their cousins, so it was low stress. Going armed with a list or two is essential! We really prepared ourselves mentally beforehand so that we wouldn't make any impulse purchases, and we didn't! We actually cut the trip short so that we wouldn't be exhausted. We have two more days in which to shop before the kids get home.
We even picked up a few items for my mother-in-law, thereby reducing some of her stress! Our kids are tee..., er, young adults, so it's not difficult to take them shopping with us, just easier to keep certain things a secret. Actually, it's easier to surprise my husband if we can all four go shopping, each of us taking a child and splitting up.
Again, lists are my best tip. Tonight I'm re-checking the finances and the lists and I plan to be done with shopping by the end of the weekend. Not done with gifts, mind you, since I'm making a lot, but done with shopping. Woo hoo!
2 comments:
I know what you mean about lists. I can't go into a store now without one. It sure helps your budget.. I see your making some of your gifts. I decided to do that this year for some extended family. I had a blast making it.. Merry Christmas!
Yes, lists are essistial!
This year my kids only got three gifts each from us. And our budget was $50 a child. So, that kept shopping quick and simple too. :)
Post a Comment