I learned a valuable lesson the other day. A certain preacher recently drummed several thoughts into the heads of my children and others. Some were Bible verses, such as, "God has not given us a spirit of fear...." One was not, but it never occurred to me to discuss this with my kids.
Last week my son said, "I've about got that verse memorized that the preacher kept saying. 'Life is a setup, and you choose the way it's set up.'" About two heartbeats of silence later I said, "Honey, that's not a Bible verse."
"It's not?!"
"No, and I'm not sure I even agree with the statement. Life may be a setup in the sense that Satan is always trying to set us up. But rather than us choosing how our life will be set up, as Christians, we choose to surrender fully to God and let him set it up for us."
Wow, I've gotta be more careful! Thankfully, my kids are in the habit of discussing things they've learned and heard. But how many were led astray?! Granted, it's not very far astray, but once you get on a different tangent, the gap begins to grow the farther you go.
Be alert! For your adversary, the devil, prowls around, seeking whom he may devour!
No comments:
Post a Comment