Their parents, grandparents, and sundry relatives were thrilled, although Rowdy and I were the only family to witness it. Here's how it happened....On Wednesday we arrived at Rodeo Bible Camp excited about the week ahead. By Friday afternoon I had collapsed into a useless heap of quivering jelly, er, gelatin. Plain and unflavored. Lyme disease, at least the chronic, entrenched variety, does not mix well with being a team leader for four girls, ages 10, 11, and 13. Thankfully, not only was Rowdy able to help, my good friend Christina also took up some of my slack. One of my girls was her second daugher, Hannah, and we had been pooling our resources all week anyway.

So of course I missed Friday night's preaching and when the girls came back to the hotel room that evening, Tana told me she and Dalton were going to be baptized. With tears in her eyes she said, "I was too scared to put my hand up [in response to the call for baptism], but Dalton finally raised his hand and that gave me the courage to raise mine, too." Wow. Praise the Lord!
They asked Jesus into their hearts when they were five and three, but I have been working hard ever since to try and keep the soil of their hearts receptive to the seed of God's Word. I'm not
So we went to Rodeo Bible Camp and had a great time learning to barrel race and team rope, but my children's baptism was the highlight for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment