As we were traveling to meet Mum, so that she could take Erinn to meet Rachel, we encountered what would have been an accident, but for the grace of God.
At one point I stopped to let Erinn get in the front seat. Dalton got a pillow out of the back for her, then got in the back seat. It took maybe 60 seconds. Not many miles down the road I topped a hill and saw a one-ton truck with a flat bed (a work truck) coming toward us in our lane. Instantly he hit the grass shoulder on my side, corrected himself, and passed us in his proper lane. He was still leaning toward the floorboard and still flying ninety to nothing.
I instantly recognized that if we hadn't made that brief stop, he would have hit us. The kids and I thanked the Lord for His providence.
No comments:
Post a Comment