Have you ever sat and watched today's society walk by? Oh my! Sometimes we just have to avert our eyes (too often) and pray for these poor souls.
Making Home Blog
Several times I have observed a man, young or not-so, turn and look at a girl's derrière. That, if nothing else, convinces me that my daughter and I should not wear form-fitting pants. We wear jeans. They're still the best for working and riding. But they're not tight and there's certainly nothing written on the backside! (As a young woman, I did wear them tight and I have repented.)
A Wise Woman Builds Her Home
There are quite a few websites about being feminine and being modest. I just love reading the articles and looking at the pictures that inspire me to set an example to other Christians and to the world by how I present myself.
Ladies Against Feminism
Being a ranching family, we like to dress like the cowboys and cowgirls that we are. One item I have adopted is gauchos. It's basically a full split skirt. They've become popular in the western wear catalogs, but they're not cheap! About $50, but I found a pattern in the costume section of Butterick. Cost of very nice material is only about $20.
Noble Womanhood
There are plenty of modest shirts and blouses in the western wear catalogs nowadays. And for a brick and mortar store, Baskin's is a very good place to find pretty ones on clearance. I make it a point to ONLY buy clothing on sale or clearance. Oh, Tractor Supply is another good one, believe it or not.
Biblical Womanhood
These sites are all great, but I have special circumstances, so I pick and choose the things I can use, then ask the Lord to give me ideas for things like my chronic illness, wheat allergies, etc. He gives me such creative ideas! Just as every person is different, so every home is different, being made up of so many different individuals. I have learned to relax and follow God's unique plan for our home, which doesn't look just like anyone else's.
In Timely Fashion (I like the hairstyle tutorials!)
No comments:
Post a Comment