This is the Sunday concert we did with the Panola College Band and a junior high girls' choir. I'm just showing you the side of the stage we were on. Joyce Hughes and Emily Taylor are on the harps. To their left is Rachel Gee and Caroline, both on viola. Second row has Sydney Gee, on Nathan on 1st violin and Bailey and Amy on 2nd violin. Front row is Mr. Kacenjar and Abby on 1st violin.
That's Zack on the left, me next, Alex behind me and Mr. K behind her. To my left is Charlene on cello and behind her, Martyn on bass. He's taking a drink of water, hence the chipmunk cheeks. :-) Martyn is Rowdy's guitar teacher. In front of Charlene, sort of to my left, is Pam and next to her, Nancy, both on cello. In this pic you can see Will on the front row, on 1st violin.
One of the things I love about this group is the number of parents taking lessons with their children. There's me and Tana, of course. Caroline takes viola and her son, Nathan, violin. Nancy takes cello and her son, Will, violin.
Oh, Zack and Pam (and Mary Eileen, whom you can't see) are professionals who sat in with us, which we found to be immensely helpful! I found that sitting next to someone who is sure of himself boosted my confidence and made me play more boldly than I would have otherwise.
Then again, I was gluten free for this one, which made me more confident, clear-headed, etc. the whole weekend. I was tired at the end of the day Saturday, but not close to collapse, as I was after the first one I attended.



No comments:
Post a Comment