Thomas Nelson Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of another excellent book to review through Booksneeze.
Your Money God's Way is mostly about the philosophy behind our behavior with money, along with some simple steps to take and some timeless truths to learn to get you started down the right path. Understanding why we do what we do with money is the first step to making better choices. The author starts by telling her story, letting the reader know that she understands and can relate to money difficulties. She then gives seven “counterfeit convictions” - traps a Christian could fall into regarding money management. For example: Counterfeit Conviction “I'll just put it on my credit card. When the bill comes, God will provide.” Timeless Truth “He who loves pleasure will be a poor man...” Proverbs 21:17. Ever done that? I have; I just didn't put it in so many words at the time. Don't worry, there are also practical steps to take to get you going in the right direction.
I appreciated the information in this book, the way it was presented, and the fact that the author points you to God at every turn. I would recommend this book to anyone who has only just awakened to the fact that they need to control their finances instead of letting their money control them.
No comments:
Post a Comment